Saturday, October 5, 2013

Unite This City Business of the Week: Two Bucks Food & Spirit


I received a message from UTC saying, "Hey, do you want to write a blog for Two Bucks?". My response was, "No, of course not (thinking it was $2)! Who wants to write a destination blog for two bucks?".  However, I do love my comrades at UTC so I decided to help out anyway. I'm really glad I did because it was actually a restaurant called Two Bucks and they have really great food.
 
Shally B 4 UTC at Two Bucks
 
A beautiful bar with $2 Guinness on draft all day everyday.
I went to the new Mayfield Heights location to meet up with one of the owners Cory Rowland and Executive Chef Brian McNeff. I felt right at home when I walked through the door of Two Bucks. Everything was so clean, in it's place and Florence and The Machine "Dog Days are Over" was playing in the background. Now, if you know me at all, you know I am driven by music so this was a huge plus in my book.
 
Cory Rowland is hands down one of coolest people I've ever met. Very warm and welcoming, proud of his business and he genuinely cares about what his customers want. We chatted for a while about the concept of Two Bucks. Cory explained he wanted to have affordable, fresh from scratch pub food with a great menu of delicious drinks. I would have to say Cory and his cousins Eric and Sean Nugent have accomplished exactly that. Every hour is happy hour and I didn't want to leave.
 
Owner Cory Rowland, Myself and Executive Chef Brian McNeff

The Executive Chef Brian McNeff  has created a menu that will satisfy all pallets. His unique pairing of blue cheese crumbles with a Cajun aioli on the Black and Blue Burger is different, yet extremely tasty. It forced me to think outside of the box and try new things. If I could fall in love with a black and blue burger (normally not a chance), everything else on the menu had to be good as well. I was more than correct. Brian is a genius in the kitchen and I'm excited to show you all of the wonderful dishes he prepared for me.

Pure Happiness
Naturally, the first thing I had was an array of seasonal and specialty drinks. I am served two shots of hard cider and a Moscow Mule. My absolute favorite drink was the Buck Cider. I'm not sure I can even get through telling you about it without wanting one. This beverage was created in house and is rum based. It is so smooth and reminds me of the home-made applesauce my Great Grandmother used to make. Ladies, if you're looking for a drink that is delicious and easy to shoot, this is the one! The Moscow Mule was my second favorite. This drink is a ginger beer made with fresh lime and Tito's Handmade Vodka and it was so refreshing. It's an all year 'round kinda drink but I will especially enjoy this on warmer evenings.

Moscow Mule served in a copper mug and made with Tito's Handmade Vodka

I had no problem drinking this bad boy :)
The Killers are playing in the background and I'm truly relaxed and ready for some food. Chef Brian prepares me multiple dishes including: Two Bucks' Fries ($2), Pickle Duo ($2), Mac & Cheese ($3), Fried Calamari ($6), Mix and Match Sliders ($7), and the seasonal Smoked Gouda Flatbread ($7). Wait! Did I just say Chef prepared Fried Calamari for me? Yep! I explained that I literally vomit anytime I try to eat seafood but if they were game to clean the table I would try it. They were up for the challenge.



I ate 3 large pieces of Calamari! They were so crispy and light.
 I was absolutely amazed I didn't get sick. Kudos to Chef  Brian for
preparing a stellar appetizer!

This is the BBQ Pulled Pork Slider with Fried Onions. This slider
boasted a smoky flavor that wasn't too tangy or sweet. It tasted just like
BBQ from when I was child. I will be back for this very soon!   

My two favorites: A shot of Buck Cider and the Mac & Cheese.
The ziti is made from scratch in house and topped with a smoked gouda cheese sauce. 

Do yourself a favor and enjoy some Two Bucks. This spot is perfect for business lunches, watching your favorite game, a night out with friends, families that want a fun place to dine and those who need to order a quick and affordable take-out meal. Don't forget to use your UTC app to check-in and receive your discount! Don't have the app? Sign up here: https://www.unitethiscity.com/JoinUs


 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment